Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

When to add weight to bench presses

Posted by: Thomas

I am working hard on my bench press and making good progress, but there is one thing I am unsure of and that is - how do you know when you can add weight to bench press?

Re: When to add weight to bench presses

Posted by: Ted

It will depend on the sets and reps that you are doing. For example if you are training using a pyramid then it is important that you select a weight where you know that you will be able to complete the set. This takes a bit of practice but there is a way that you can work it out from your maximum bench-press for one rep. For example when doing 6 reps one should select a weight that is around 75% of your maximum. It goes without saying that this will constantly be changing unless you have reached that dreaded plateau. But that will mean you need to change your routine in order to break through that plateau.

For more information go to Best Bench Press Program

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription