Bodybuilding / Powerlifting / Health / Fitness weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and
stay motivated, join today!
Sign up free by sending an e-mail to
Top Ten Power Training Secrets
By Franco Columbu
- Do not let the amount of the weight you are going to lift scare you. Concentrate on what you are doing. Keep correct lifting form. Then go ahead and lift with full power. Be sure that all the muscles are warmed up first.
- Remember that in power lifting several muscle groups are involved. Contract each muscle group and use them all in lifting. This will avoid injuries. never do any lifting unless you realize which muscles are involved, then use them all.
- Before going to the gym avoid eating sugar, especially refined sugar products. Sugar gives only temporary energy. It is better to eat some natural carbohydrates with some fats as this body fuel. Your energy will last longer, and you will have increased power. Do not try to train when hungry or after a filling meal.
- In my opinion, the best time to train is between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. However, if you are working and unable to train at this time, it is better for you to eat a light meal, then rest for an hour before going to the gym. You will be refreshed and feel as though it is the next day.
- The body has many cycles. When your energy level is low, don't force yourself during a training session. In a couple of days you will feel better, and then you will be able to train with full power even forcing yourself to do more.
- It is best to have the muscles covered during a training session. They must be kept warm. Then they will correspond better to training. A sweat suit is good for this purpose. In power training it is not necessary to look at yourself. Just concentrate on how much you are lifting.
- Listen to your mind, and don't let the educated brain get in the way. You have an inner intelligence which always directs you in the right way. Learn to respect and listen to your inner self.
- Have a specific routine for eating, sleeping and training. It is best to train at the same time each day. If you follow a regular routine during the week, you can rest and relax on the weekends. The body also needs to rejuvenate itself and cannot be forced constantly.
- After training, rest a short time, then eat. It is best to eat a heavier high protein meal at this time.
- During a training session stop and go outside the gym and breathe deeply for a few minutes. Then go back inside and complete training with renewed vigor.
WIN FREE SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.
Sign up now by e-mailing
Neither trulyhuge.com nor the authors of this publication
assume any liability for the information contained herein.
The Information contained herein reflects only the opinion
of the author and is in no way to be considered medical advice.
Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed
health care practitioner. Consult your physician before you
begin any nutrition, exercise, or dietary supplement program.
Andro Shock Supplement
Natural Fat Burner
Increase Bench Press
Big Arms Workouts
Six Pack Abs Exercises
Best Home Gym
Personal Trainer Online
Female Muscle Gallery
Male Muscle Gallery
Free Body building Info
Weight Training Article
Body Building Links