Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

weight gain and muscle loss after knee surgery

Posted by: Eddie

Hello,

I have a few questions about weight gain and losing muscle post surgery. My wife works out religiously and has been for over three years now. She is having knee surgery which will sideline her for 6-8 weeks. She worries that the inactivity will cause her to gain weight and lose the muscle she has worked so hard to gain. She eats healthy and is a very active person. What can she do to maintain her weight and keep on the muscle during this period that she won't be able to be at the gym??

Thanks for any help and advice you can give!

Re: weight gain and muscle loss after knee surgery

Posted by: Paul

In order to not gain fat she should cut back on her calorie intake to match her decreased activity.

To maintain muscle as much as possible, flexing/contracting her muscles can help.

The truth is it is inevitable that she would lose some muscle but it will come back fast as soon as she gets back in the gym.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription