Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Ideal Weight Lifting Frequency

Posted by: Ian

I have been lifting consistently for around 2 months from home. My basic, overall goal is to gain weight and "bulk up" but I'm not really looking to become a body builder (maybe to get up to around 165-ish). I started around 152 lbs. and am currently 156 lbs. so I have seen some weight and size gain from my workouts. I've been reading how the three day a week routine isn't really the best thing I could be doing to gain mass and build muscle. I've gotten somewhat confused as to exactly what this means, however.

I am lifting 3 days a week but am working a different body group on with each workout. Typically Chest and abs on Monday, Back and shoulders on Wednesday, and arms on Friday (sometimes Saturday, depending). For about 3 weeks I had reached the top of what I could do with my home weights and just recently got a great new set. Unfortunately, I just continued to work out at the same level for those 3 weeks, which probably didn't do me any good at all.

Now that I am able to increase my weight regularly, do you think 1 week between workouts per muscle group is too often? As I said I'm kind of confused by the "don't lift 3 days a week" thing and which situations that applies to. Of course I realize some of it depends on my own abilities and how I feel I am recovering. I was just hoping to get the input of someone who knows what they are talking about.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]