Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Reverse Band Press

Posted by: Chuck

Does anyone have any idea on how much weight has to be on the bar when doing reverse band presses with greens to get it to your chest? The cage that I'll be doing them in is fairly high and I'm pretty small, so the bands will have to stretch a good distance to get to my chest, is there a weight range that generally won't put enough tension on the bands to pull them down all the way? Thanx in advance for any help!

Re: Reverse Band Press

Posted by: Ryan

On the power rack I use I attach the greens to the top and they fall down exactly at the position where the bar is when I'm benching at lockout (so there's no band help at the very top). we then took the empty bar in those bands and loaded it up with weight until it reached my chest. It took 70 lbs. I hope this gives you some idea.

Posted by: Mike

I did these today, and I tested to see how much. I found that 135 was perfect. I believe 125-130 would have touched too though. So in that range is my guess.

Posted by: Chuck

Thanx for the help, I was afraid that the greens would pull anything less than 185-200 off. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how close a reverse band press approximates a single in a shirt? Is it fairly close or is one more than the other. Also, should I pause these, or touch and go?

Thanx in advance!

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]