Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

My Bench, Deadlift, Squat Statistics

Re: Max Bench, Deadlift and Squat

Posted by: J

That isn't bad, I am guessing you can probably bench around 240-245lbs (avg.), squat around 280 to 300 (which is low my friend), and deadlift around 350 (which is decent)

I take it you have been lifting for about two years is this right? Well you shouldn't really be obessed with the weight you are lifting but the % of weight you are gaining. I you are just going up 5 lbs on bench every month then you definitely need to change something and probably your work out. Your squat and deadlift should be around the same. I have never really understood why people's squat and deadlift could be so off balanced. You should be putting up more then just 40 lbs over your bench on the squat rack.

here are some goals i shot for when i was first starting to get strong like you are.

1.) i wanted to get a 100 lbs over my weight

2.) i wanted to over twice my weight on squat

3.) i never really worked on deadlift cause it is a tiring excerise that just left me drained for other lifts and didn't really build my muscles in my legs. It is also very very very easy to get tired at deadlift and use your back and that can lead to really bad problems with your back which crosses over to your bench and more so your squat. But if you feell confident in continuing to do this excerise i say go for it! i was naturally strong in deadlift so as i built up muscle in my legs for squat i naturally increased in deadlift in competitions. Let me know if this is any help to you.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]