Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Powerlifting Eating

Posted by: Jon

Hey all

Someone in my class at varsity said taking a raw egg white before and after workouts helped him get alot bigger and stronger. He also said he took other stuff with it to get it down. I haven't taken any growth supplements before and this sounds like a fairly cheap alternative to creatine. Anyone have any ideas on.

a. Best way to get the thing down. Cut it up, mix it with something...

b. Wheather it will actually work or if the guy was just a genetic freak?

c. Wheather I should take it before working out (I hear eating before workouts is bad because it makes your blood needed in your stomach for digestion and in your muscles for lifting).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Powerlifting Eating

Posted by: Tibby

You need to keep 2 things in mind:

1. You enter a catabolic state while you workout, not after. You need some protein to say build up.

2. It is Carbohydrate, not protein, that provide the best energy for muscle contraction.

Try to get some carbs in before you work out. Protein in important, but Carbs will give you the energy you need to push the weights around. I normally eat some protein, in the form of chicken or Tuna, an hour to an hour and a half before work-out, with a glass of pure OJ right after, and right before I head out the door, I grab a banana or apple.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]