Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Box Squats

Posted by: lhprop

OK, I admit it. I'm addicted to squatting. Every time I walk into the gym, I'm mystically drawn to the rack like a moth to a lightbulb. On recommendation to cure a technical problem, I recently started doing box squats. I like them.

My question(s) is this: How should box squats be properly incorporated into a normal squat routine? How often should I do them? Should they be cycled, or periodic? How much lower should the box be than the normal parallel plane? How long should my badonkadonk be in contact with the box?

I''m 6'1", and a 12 inch box was dropping me 1 1/2 to 2 inches below parallel. Is that good enough?

Re: Box Squats

Posted by: JohnRov

You can incorporate them several ways. You can use them every week as a dynamic exercise, which is how they are used in the basic Westside template. If you use them as a max effort exercise, you should cycle them because you need to be doing Good Mornings as well. You can use different box heights, from just at parallel to a few inches below. You shouldn''t be just in contact with the box, you should actually sit on it long enough that you release the tension in your hips. This is the point of box squats (as well as teaching you to sit back). You want to eliminate the stretch reflex by "relaxing" for lack of a better term on the box.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]