Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Squats and Lower Back

Posted by: wd

I recently started doing squats and afterwards my lower back is tired but does not hurt. I dont think you are sopposed to use you'r lower back when doing squats, are you? I just want to know if there is a flaw in my form

Re: Squats and Lower Back

Posted by: Coby

You shouldnt lower your back when you squat you should bend at the hips and keep your back straight. I couldnt really tell ya if you were doin it right or wrong unless i watched you do it. If you are just starting it may be tired even if you are doing it the right way.

Re: Squats and Lower Back

Posted by: John

Lower back strength is extrememly important when squatting. To properly sit back in your squat, you need to lean your upper body forward a little. The posterior chain (back, glutes, hams) are the most important muscles. Do Good Mornings, Reverse Hypers, and Stiff Legged Deadlifts to strengthen the lower back.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]