Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Push Ups vs Bench Press

Posted by: Reeza

I don't know who to ask this or who to address this to or if I'll even get a message back, but this question has been bugging me.

Are push-ups as effective as say bench press/flys to build your chest muscles? I've seen lots of articles where people argue this topic and get absolutely nowhere.

The best answer I got is that it's different for certain people. Me, personally, my shoulders hunch forward and I'm barrel chested. When I tried bench pressing it just felt like I was working muscle groups in my arms not my chest if at all...

Doing push-ups and different variations of them have gotten more meat on my chest but I'm not sure if this is a dead-end road...?? Fly's worked well but I don't have regular access to this machine, only bench and of course push-ups and my dumbbell weights.. any adivce would help..

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]