Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Creatine and Female Athletes

Re: Creatine Supplementation in Women

Posted by: Lexi (willbethebest10@msn.com)

There are two basic ways to take Creatine. 1) Using an initial loading phase of 5 grams 4 times a day for 5 days then following with 5-6 grams everyday 2) Not using the loading phase and just taking 5-6 grams everyday. If you want to see results faster, then use method one. If you use method 2, you should see results by 30 days, when your creatine stores will be fully saturated. The loading phase is really unnecessary if you are willing to wait a month instead of about 2 weeks.

The creatine capsules are fine, but they are usually more expensive than powder. There is no evidence that capsules are "better" than pure creatine monohydrate powder. I recently picked up a $9 bottle of GNC creatine monohydrate which contains 50 servings. It's fine to use unflavored powder, as creatine naturally has no taste. Although, it does not fully dissolve in water. It creates a suspension that may feel a little grainy or sandy when you drink it.

What would you like to stack creatine with? 100% whey protien possibly? The best time to take whey is before of after a workout or first thing in the morning on non-training days. I don't think it matters when you take creatine.

About casien... good questions. Casein is a slow digesting protein that takes about 6-8 hours to digest compared to 1-2 hours for whey protien. Casein has actually shown to produce greater strength gains than whey protein in some studies. It has also been shown to aid in weight loss. If taken before bed, it will provide your body with muscle building protein through the night. You are obviously serious about building muscle, so I think this may benifit you.

I am a 3rd year exercise science major, and I have been weight training since high school. Creatine, whey protein and casein protein have all proven to be effective supplements in producing strength and power gains. Combined with a good strength and conditioning program, you should see great results. Remember, the most important aspect of gaining strength is following an excellent lifting program. Supplements can not fix a bad program.

I hope you find this information useful. Good luck.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]