Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

How to workout with lower back pain

Posted by: Johnnie

I am retired from the U.S. Army. I use to be a very active person in the service and around in the gym while in the service trying to stay in shape and main good health. For about 10 years now, I have been dealing with the issue of a back lower back ( some small disk budges in L4, L5) and the normal wear and tear for a 49 year old 6'4 243lb male; about once a year I end up going back to the physical therphy and taking pain meds until the bout is overcome. I have been looking for exercise program or a site designed for individuals in situations like myself. I would like to go to the gym or workout at home but dont't have a clue as to where to start or what equipment I should workout on to get a total workout. With the issues of my lower back, I relizied that any exercises requring me to lift weights while standing that causes compression on the lower back is out. Please help, my body is crying out for help. Walking is about all I have engaged in lately.

Thanks,

Johnnie

Re: How to workout with lower back pain

Posted by: Charles

I would recommend using machines as they allow you to do all the exercises seated and this will keep your low back from being compressed.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription