[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY FITNESS TIPS NEWSLETTER
Bodybuilding and Fitness weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

slow gainer bodybuilding

Posted by: Dean

I'm a really slow gainer. I have been working out for 30 years off and on. I am in relatively good shape. I have done all the basic body building exercises during those 30 years, but have never put on any real size. I have used all sorts of weight gain powders, but really haven't stuck to the prescribed amounts. In my opinion the prescribed amounts are normally ridiculous. Genetically for body building, I am doomed. I am tall and skinny. I have eaten like a horse for part of those years, but really can't now that I am 50 years old and have put myself on a heart healthy diet. On top of eating my Styrofoam diet like a horse, should I be working out with the heaviest weight I can possibly lift? I don't normally press myself to lift heavier and heavier weights. I have never been able to lift heavy weights and still be able to do the normal (6-10) suggested reps. I normally do 3 sets of each exercise and finish those sets in relative exhaustion without trying to overwhelm myself with extremely heavy weights which would cut down on the amount of reps that I could do. Is this where I am going wrong. Should I be going heavy as possible? Instead of going through a full range of motion on each exercise, I have noticed some of the big guys in the gym doing short range pump up movements where they never fully extend and have a resting point. Is this important?

Dean

[Submit a follow up message.]

WIN FREE SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Submit To Forum!

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Neither trulyhuge.com nor the authors of this publication assume any liability for the information contained herein. The Information contained herein reflects only the opinion of the author and is in no way to be considered medical advice. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner. Consult your physician before you begin any nutrition, exercise, or dietary supplement program.

Bodybuilding
Supplement Secrets
Discount Supplements
Cybergenics Program
Andro Shock Supplement
Ecdy-Bolin Supplement
Creatine Supplements
Natural Fat Burner
Workout Gear
Bodybuilding Books
Increase Bench Press
Big Arms Workouts