Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

how to workout in a wheelchair

Posted by: Sergeant Major

Sir:

I am 68 years old and recently (2 years ago) retired from the Army. I was injured in Afghanistan and now in a wheelchair. I have served in four wars and have received more than one Purple Heart in each one. I am a Green Beret (Special Forces), and an Airborne Ranger. I say these things not to brag but to say that I have what it takes to push on. The VA put me on steroids to keep me alive. I put on about 60 pounds of fat! I was not able to exercise of which I have always excelled. I have a lot of nerve damage in my hands and I am paralyzed from the waist down. I recently have been blessed by the gift of a Weider Work out machine (that is what I call it). I use my wrist to pull the bar because my hands cannot hold on to it. Can you tell me anything I might be able to do to lose this fat! I watch what I eat and the portions. I have lost 18 pounds (in two months) but my waist is not getting any smaller. This is a disgrace for an Elite soldier of 41 years to look like this. I am not a man of ego but I feel that I must be an example to others.

Thank you

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription