Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

appetite suppressants for bodybuilding

Posted by: Michael

I'm trying to lose fat and cut up, but I just can't seem to control my calorie intake-I get too damn hungry when I start dieting. Right now, I weigh 205 lbs and would like to drop 10 lbs of fat. I'm trying to eat about 2,000 calories a day, but it's hard not to eat more. Is there any type of appetite suppressant I can take that might help me out?

Re: appetite suppressants for bodybuilding

Posted by: Bill

I don't recommend prescription appetite suppressants because there's a "natural" way to control your eating while you're on a diet that I think works very well. It's called protein. Yes, protein can be a powerful appetite suppressant!

Try this-cut back your carbohydrate intake and increase your protein intake. Try consuming about 45 grams of protein every 3 hours throughout the day, for a total of 6 meals. You should try to make each meal about 350 calories.

Not only will protein help your fat-loss efforts because it causes a greater increase in your metabolism than any other macronutrient, clinical studies have shown protein may have a very nice appetite-suppressing effect. On the other hand, carbohydrates, can cause a dramatic increase in your appetite.

In one clinical study, a meal that was up of 50% protein (consumed in the morning) caused people to reduce their food intake by 25% throughout the rest of the day!

Why don't you give this try? It's an extremely effective plan, and it works quite well for me.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription