Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

How to maintain muscle mass when injured

Posted by: Shawn

I am wondering if you have any tips for me to still gain. I recently had an MRI and I am looking at surgery on my left elbow and shoulder, this will be the second surgery on this shoulder and first on the elbow. I can already see rapid decline on the left side because when I lift I favor the right. The Doctors think that I should not lift upper body at all right now. How the heck am I supposed to stay muscular if I can't lift? Should I buy a street bike and just slim down, for now?

Re: How to maintain muscle mass when injured

Posted by: Paul

If you can't lift weights you might want to try some isometrics, simple flexing of your different muscle groups, it can help maintain your muscle size until you can get back in the gym.

Of course ask your doctor if it is alright for you to do isometrics.

Also when you do finally get back in the gym any muscle lost will come back fast due to muscle memory.

Best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription