Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Bodybuilding diet over 40

Posted by: Lenard

Hey, I'm 235 lbs at 5'4" and I am trying to get down to 190lbs and I'm 43yrs old. What would be my best approach? I'm a big fan, I have been following your website since the 1990's.

Re: Bodybuilding diet over 40

Posted by: Paul

What I suggest is keeping your protein intake high, while lowering your fat and carbohydrate intake. Get your protein from lower fat and easily digestible sources, like egg white and fish. And get your low fat and low sugar carbohydrates from complex sources like fresh raw vegetables, rice, potatoes and oat meal.

Most importantly make sure you up your cardio exercise to boost your metabolism.

Also checkout out our Herbal Fat Melter supplement at https://www.trulyhuge.com/herbgen.htm

Re: Bodybuilding diet over 40

Posted by: George

Haven't been on on this page for some 15 years so like the prodigal son I have returned!

A bodybuilding diet shouldn't vary due to you being over 40. The principals are still the same regardless of age. If you are trying to put on muscle then high protein around 1.5 g per your weight - ie if you are 230 pounds 200 * 1.5 of protein daily with some carbs to provide a energy source.

If you are bulking you have to run your body at a calorie surplus.

Cutting - cut out the cards and run your body at a calorie deficit.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription