Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

What I eat for bodybuilding

Posted by: Jeff

I prefer raw foods like broccoli, apples, pears, tangelos, walnuts, almonds, dry-roasted peanuts, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers- anything that will fill your belly for awhile but not put any weight on you. Also, as you know, the above are loaded with essential nutrients and do wonders for the body. I almost always eat them as a snack before going to bed.

I also love buttermilk and Greek or Mediterranean-style yogurt and home-made drinks made with mango juice and acai berries. Hummus is great as is peanut butter.

Also, raw lamb made Mediterranean style is really good and an occasional raw egg in a protein drink. I believe most people's flab comes from eating too many sweets and unhealthy, fat and carb-laden foods such as pizza, chips, pastries, etc., particularly at night when the body is mostly reposed and sedentary.

Two meals I'm particularly fond of are an Arabic dish called coosa, which is stuffed zucchini squash with lamb, rice, garlic salt and cinnamon. Cover in water in a large pot, bring to a boil then add a can of tomato sauce and cook over medium heat for an hour-and-a-half.

The other is meatballs made with either lamb or beef, mixed with rice, garlic salt and cinnamon, place in a large pot with potatoes, carrots and brown onions and cover with water. Same thing, bring to a boil, add a can of tomato sauce, cook for an hour-and-a-half then dig in.

Both are hearty dishes and healthful as hell, with very little fat and lots of good carbs and protein. They have powered me all my life.

Try the two recipes. I guarantee you'll like 'em- particularly on a cold, winter evening.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription