Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

What is the best hypertrophy workout program

Posted by: PFB

Q. There are so many different programs out there for hypertrophy that I don't know which one to use. What should I do?

A. You must find an effective balance between set/rep volume and loading. I've ascertained that a 24-50 set/rep volume works extremely well for the majority of trainees. Examples would be: 3x10-12, 4x6-8, 8-10x3, etc. But without proper loading parameters, you'll never reach your ultimate potential.

As a gross estimate, I suggest you choose loads between 70-85% of your 1RM. Therefore, 3x10-12 with 75% of 1RM or 4x6 with 82% of 1RM are good options. However, I suggest most trainees adhere to set/rep volume prescriptions on the lower end of the spectrum, initially (eg, 24-36). This allows for large loads (>80% of 1RM) without burning out your nervous system. If you've been training with, say, 3-4 sets of 10 reps you'd be wise to choose parameters that are directly opposites of this. That's why 10x3-4 reps works so well for most trainees.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription