Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

How much cardio while building muscle mass

Posted by: PFB

Q. what is the most cardio one should do while trying to gain size and strength, or, is it possible to eliminate the need for cardio by adjusting my diet?

A. If your goal is size/strength your cardio should be as close to nil as possible. I assume the cardio you are referring to is exercises such as treadmills, stationary bikes, stair climbers, etc. You know, all that health club crap that eats away muscle. First ask yourself why you are performing cardio work. If it is for cardiovascular benefits and increased recovery I recommend ditching the treadmills and exercise bikes and adding some GPP work such as light sled dragging and wheelbarrow and farmer's walks. The cardiovascular and recovery benefits will surprise you. If you are performing cardio for fat loss, you should re-examine your diet and focus on green vegetables, plenty of high-quality protein and healthy fats such as fish/flaxseed oils.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription