Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Working out too hard in the gym?

Posted by: Robert

Hi,

Me and my twin are two aspiring wrestlers who have been hitting the gym hard about 5 years now but have only trained bodybuilding about a year and a half. I got this email information from a body building website and it said you have been training athletes for years. We work out every day for between 60. And 120 minutes doing 8 sets of reps where failure is reached at the 8th rep. I was told this is a mistake and that I should not be working that hard. Recently my gains have been slower and slower. Any advice? Much appreciated!

Cheers

Rob

Re: Working out too hard in the gym?

Posted by: Paul

8 sets to failure is way too much and too hard, that is why your gains are slowing down - because you are over training. You should cut back on sets and only do your last set of an exercise to failure.

Best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription