Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Are behind the neck pull ups bad?

Posted by: PFB

Q. I've been using the guidelines mentioned years ago on your website on pullups, and have great results. Behind-the-neck pullups were not mentioned; is this because it is felt to be an ineffective exercise? Also, I would like to do weighted sternum pull-ups. Can you please tell me what the best technique for attaching the weight in order to ensure that the back muscles are doing the maximum work?

A. Behind the neck pull-ups are a fine exercise if you have above average shoulder flexibility. Most pople don't and should do the in front. As for adding weight, the best method is a dip belt. In other words, a letter strap that goes around your lower back with short chains in the front that allows you to put plates through. Holding a dumbbell between your feet like some trainer's recommend can be a little tricky.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription