Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Training with chains for strength and mass

Posted by: PFB

Q: I'm very interested in the training technique with chains. As a personal trainer it would help to add to my knowledge. Any info would be extremely helpful.

A: Chains are a great tool for extensor muscle group exercises such as the partial bench press, powerlifting squat and partial military press. They work by matching the strength curve of the movement so you are challenged throughout the lift and not just at the bottom. Why the partial movements? Because these exercises represent a "true" ascending strength curve for most lifters. Whereas some lifters are actually stronger in the "bottom" of the lift compared to the midrange. I recommend you use chains for 3-4 weeks before cycling to another method. They are great, but demanding. Louie Simmons and Dave Tate are the two people most responsible for popularizing chains in strength training.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription