Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

What is the best diet to lose midsection fat

Posted by: PFB

Q: What type of eating plan do you recommend for midsection fat loss? I've heard that everything from low-fat to low-carb will work. But I'm confused about what I should be doing. Please help me lose fat!

A: I'd recommend a low carb approach. Based on the data that's accumulating with regard to fat loss, most people who primarily store fat around their waistline are producing too much insulin. So insulin levels must be reduced.

Two of the best ways to reduce insulin output are to follow a low carb eating plan and take plenty of fish oils.

Low-carb can be simply defined as eating less than 50 grams of carbohydrates per day. It's important that all 50 grams be in the form of green vegetables. The reason is because green vegetables are alkaline. That's important. You see, virtually every protein source is acid-forming, and too much acid can wreak havoc on your organ health and it can diminish your anabolic hormones. So stick to broccoli, asparagus, spinach, and the like for your low carb days.

Now, for most of my clients, I'll have them consume low carbs for no more than five days before I introduce at least one gram of carbohydrate per pound of lean body mass. This continues for one or two days with most of carbs coming from natural starches and fruits.

Protein should start at 1.25g/pound of lean body mass on the low carb days; and 0.75g/pound of lean body mass on the higher carb days. This is just a rough estimate, though. Some people respond better to higher protein intake, while others don't. So start with my recommended levels and adjust from there.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription