Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Female Bodybuilding Contests

Posted by: Kirsti

The competition itself was a challenge (actually, it originated as a bet). Getting onstage more than half naked in front of 1000 people is a bit intimidating. And I shook like a leaf when I went out there. But halfway through the mandatory poses, it occurred to me that I was doing this for fun and being nervous was ridiculous. With that recognition, I relaxed, struck my thigh/ab pose, and burst out laughing. Apparently, the crowd caught it because I heard a resounding cheer and my name. After that, it was a grand time, and I floated through the evening routine, finishing with a final howl.

I placed second in both my first and second contests. At least I'm consistent. Shortly after that I was fully indoctrinated into the wonderful worlds of powerlifting and Olympic lifting, my true loves. I got bigger, stronger, faster and thicker.

And here it is, several years later with several changes. But who knows. A friend recently suggested competing in pairs, which I always thought would be fun. And I want to have a powerlifting trophy on my desk, so I'm going to target a bench press competition. Why not? I never give up.

To quote Henry Rollins: "Muscle mass does not always equal strength. Strength is kindness and sensitivity. Strength is understanding that your power is both physical and emotional. That it comes from the body and the mind. And the heart. "

As a Warrior, my Path includes lifting weights along with other pursuits. I continue to gain strength and share it with all of you.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription