Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Is cardio first thing in the morning good?

Posted by: PFB

Q: I'd like to know if HIT (20 minutes) cardio first thing in the morning is too catabolic? If it is, I'd like to know what to eat before and after the workout. My guess would be some simple carbs, am I wrong?

A: The reason for doing cardio in the morning on the empty stomach - is low glycogen storage after overnight fast. As our goal is to do cardio to lose body fat with the idea to use fatty acids as a energy source (substrate) and NOT glucose or glycogen. Therefore, carbs (before your morning cardio) should be avoided. Do not confuse with simple carb intake which I recommend after the RESISTANCE TRAINING. After the cardio session you SHOULD NOT take any simple carbs. You can have your normal protein/complex carb meal or if you are on low carb diet protein/good fat meal.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription