Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

How much maltodextrin post workout

Posted by: PFB

Q: My question is in regards to a post workout mixture. I can get pure maltodextrin, so i'm just looking for a guide as to what would be ideal for certain bodyweights. What is your recommendation for 150 to 170 lbs, 170 to 200 lbs, and 200 to 250 lbs?

A: My recommendation is really about intensity of the workout that you just finished and estimation of how much glycogen you possibly lost during that training. Body weight as also a factor, but not that big in my book. I have seen you "smaller guys" train just as intense and heavy! So, I would suggest 75 - 150 grams of dextrose after the workout (depending on body part trained, intensity, length, quality, total load, etc).

Remember, it is not only glycogen repletion you want to accomplish, you want to create anabolic environment and produce hypertrophy - using strong anabolic/storage action of insulin and ALL the necessary nutrients to accomplish that task (so make sure you have enough amino acids in your blood stream as well, add everything you want to store into your muscles - like whey protein, BCAA, Glutamine, free form aminos, creatine).

Note: To learn more about making your own post workout drinks to enhance recovery, strength and muscle growth go to https://www.trulyhuge.com/SupplementSecrets/

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription