Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

How to lower body fat percentage

Posted by: Ryan

Exactly how do I lower my body fat percentage? I know I have to do more cardio and cut down on calories, but are there any specifics? (like a certain proportion of protein to fat to carbs) Also, how do i know i am loosing fat and not muscle when I start to do more cardio and eat less? Should I do exercise in the morning to burn more fat?

Thank you very much

Re: How to lower body fat percentage

Posted by: Chris V

Actually, it's a myth that you have to do more cardio to lose bodyfat. You can do it perfectly well without doing ANY cardio.

EPOC - Excessive Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption. If you do a set or two of really heavy squats you'll notice that you're breathing very heavily afterwards. That's EPOC. Your body needs the oxygen to recover from the intense exercise you just put it through, much more than it has available. So you wind up panting like a dog even though you didn't do anything "aerobic".

Forcing the body into EPOC repeatedly improves the cardiovascular system, even though the exercises used to do it are not "aerobic".

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription