Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Bowflex compared to free weights

Posted by: James

Is the bowflex identical to using free weights? For instance, could you curl a 50 pound dumbbell and be able to do the same on the bowflex? Would you suggest using free weights instead, or does the bowflex give just as an effective workout?

Re: Bowflex compared to free weights

Posted by: Jerry

I just sold my BF after only 7 months, bought is used, and went back to free weights. The technique is not the same for the two methods, ie control for a bench press on the machine is not as critical as it is in free weight lifting.( You can cheat on the "non power stroke" with the BF but certainly not with Free Weights) I found that I was more aware of muscle use in free weights and needed more concentration in all the exercises performed. It was not important if 50lb on eithet method cas comprable, for me the numbers were of little importance since the end result was what mattered. If you can find someone who has one and will let you try it out for a week, I suspect you will go to free weight for your workouts. Hope my thoughts and experience has helped.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription