Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Top 5 Silliest Questions Bodybuilders Get Asked

Posted by: Lisa

Why is it that when my husband or kids explain to people that their mom/wife is a competitive bodybuilder, they get asked "Dude, does she kick your butt?" OK someone please tell me what does bodybuilding have to do with VIOLENCE?  NO! I can't and won't kick anybody's butt. I hate confrontation except with a barbell or dumbbell.

Don't even try to explain peak week or diet. I always get "Oooh is that really healthy for you?" So why wouldn't eating a bag of broccoli, spinach greens or whole grain oats be anything other than healthy?? I want to answer "well, I think it's a lot healthier than your cigarettes, beer, chips and general chows chicken in front of you!" Jeez- at any level of competition, athletes sometimes must go above and beyond what is "normal".  Is it healthy to run 26.2 miles at one time? Is it normal for young gymnasts to train so long that their hands are ripped open but quickly taped up to continue? Is healthy to sit in front of the TV every night eating ice cream or junk food or drive up to windows for dinner like most Americans do?

"Is it time to starve yourself again"?

My mom is famous for this one. One of these days I will put on a big platter 1500 calories of vegetables, salad greens, chicken, egg whites, oats etc. to show that dense high fiber healthy food is lower in calories so we do get to eat lots. Most people would be amazed that their one calzone's calories could be equivalent to my whole pile of food for a day.

"You must spend hours in the gym"!

Well, actually if I weren't so busy giving you all who seek nutrition advice, training tips and listening to what you ate last night I would be out a hell of a lot sooner. If training one body part a week even with 20 minutes cardio, I can be in and out within 1-1 1/2 hours.

"You must be on steroids"

Uh Oh!   Is my postmenopausal peach fuzz on my upper lip turning into a full blown mustache? Why do people refuse to believe that with consistent training and proper nutrition that we can look absolutely incredible? Well, I will take it as a compliment. Means all that hard work shows.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription