Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

How do you get abs without losing muscle

Posted by: John

Whats the best way to define abs with out loosing mucle, I have abs but i ca't see them without flexing and there not realy defined i want them to stick out all the time, can anyone help me?

Re: How do you get abs without losing muscle

Posted by: Dana

I know this probably won't be the answer that you want to hear, but Cardio workouts are a must and eating the right kind of foods are a must as well. Try doing Cardio for 45 min everyday or at least 5 days a week. That and a proper diet consisting of low carbs and low fat, with high protein will trim of the extra fat on your body and you should start to see those abs. Allow yourself at least a month of doing with before you really start to see results. And if you want something to help get thos abs ripped, get the Torso Tiger or the Ab Slide. You will start to notice a difference right away using one of these machines for 5-10 min a day. Remember that abs are the toughest muscles to work and see. It doesn't come easy, you have to work to obtain great abs.

Re: How do you get abs without losing muscle

Posted by: Anatomist1

If you do the amount of CV exercise prescribed by Dana, you will probably lose muscle mass. If you bodybuild for mass and definition you should keep to a minimum of CV work... say 20 minutes, 3 times a week at most. If you really care that much about seeing your abs, there is only one way: eat less calories than you burn. Many people try to accomplish this by hours of CV work, but you can't, you have to do it through diet control. Read my other posts below, as I answered a similar question before. Basically, you need a food scale, a nutrition almanac, and a record book. You need to know exactly how many calories you are eating, then deliberately reduce that number in order to lose 2 pounds per week at most (approx. 7000 calories). This is the only guaranteed way to lose fat.

My advice is NOT to do this, however, as it will make you boring and excessively anal-retentive. Unless you are a competitive bodybuilder, and make a living off of prize money, seeing your abs is not a worthwhile goal in life, according to my thinking.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription