Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Eating after late evening workout

Posted by: Angela

My workouts always consist of 1) weight training first then 2) cardio. Some of my workouts are from 5:30-7:30 in the evening or 6:30-8:30 pm. I usually eat my last meal around 2 or 3pm.

Is it necessary for me to eat after my workouts, considering the time of day that i do my weight training that I'm doing? I'd rather not.....but I'm curious to see what the response is.

Re: Eating after late evening workout

Posted by: Jeff

It depends upon how much you have eaten before your workout and what time you get up in the morning and eat breakfast. If you haven't eaten enough before your workout and you don't eat afterward you aren't doing yourself any good by not eating. Also, if you don't eat for 12 hours or so before breakfast, you are probably in the old starvation mode and storing fat by the time you eat breakfast. What I am trying to say is that not eating for long periods of time slows your metabolism, puts you in starvation mode, and makes it difficult to reduce your body fat. A good book for you to read is called "Outsmarting the Female Fat Cell" by Debra Waterhouse. It might help you understand better. Good Luck.

Re: Eating after late evening workout

Posted by: Cora

If you stop eating at the 3 p.m. meal, and get up at 6 a.m. and eat right away, you've gone WAY too long with nothing in your system. You need to spread the calories out into 5-6 meals that are well balanced for protein/carbs/fat.

If you got up at 6, you could eat at 6, 9, 12, 3, 6, and 9--that way your body always knows it has fuel and you can defeat the starvation mode causing fat storage. We're still physiologically cavemen, and if your body doesn't know when it will get food again, it will store everything it can as fat. It does not remember that yesterday you ate 15 hours later (3 p.m. to 6 a.m.), so you will still store.

If you are uncomfortable eating after 6 p.m., you could have a small high protein meal before bedtime, like a shake.

If you're doing a 6:30 workout, you may want to eat an hour before that, and you may get better performance if you have carbs in that meal. You should deplete most of those with weight training, as long as you're not slacking or using tiny weights, then when you do your cardio, your body should burn some fat.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription