Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Spartacus 2.0 Workout Routine

Posted by: PFB

I came across the newest Spartacus workout routine 2.0 yesterday and decided to give it a try. The previous Spartacus workout routine had different exercises associated with it, but since I found the 2.0 version I opted to give it a go. The reason it is called the Spartacus workout routine 2.0 is because it was inspired by the hit TV show Spartacus on Starz. Since the first Spartacus workout routine was widely popular, the creator decided to create a 2.0 version. So lets unpack what the Spartacus workout routine 2.0 is and if I found it effective or not.

Spartacus Workout Routine 2.0 Framework

Before we jump into the exercises of the Spartacus workout, I need to detail out how to go about actually doing it. It is designed to be done three days per week. There are two stages to each circuit each with 5 exercises in each stage. Each circuit lasts 60 seconds, 40 seconds of exercise and 20 seconds of rest. Once you complete the first stage twice in the circuit with no rest, take a 2 minute break and do it all over again. Then move on to stage 2 and do the same format (you should be doing a total of 4 circuits per stage). I used my adjustable dumbbells for this set at 25lbs. A good amount of the exercises focus on one side of the body, so do one side for the first circuit, then do the other side for the second circuit.

Now lets Get Into The Exercises Of The Spartacus Workout Routine

Exercise #1 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Squat Pull And Thrust

Grab your dumbbells and hold them in front of you shoulder width apart. Go down like you are doing a squat until the dumbbells are below your knee caps. Explode up thrusting your hips forward and go on your tip toes while doing a row with the dumbbells.

Exercise #2 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Offset Reverse Dumbbell Lunge

Hold one dumbbell right above your left or right shoulder and do a reverse lunge.

Exercise #3 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Single Arm Dumbbell Swing

Hold one dumbbell in hand. Without bowing your back, bend at your hips and swing the dumbbell between your legs. Then as you swing up stand up and bring the dumbbell to your jaw line while keeping you arms straight the entire time.

Exercise #4 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Squat To Shoulder Press

Grab both dumbbells and place them right above your shoulders. Perform a regular squat and as you come back to the standing position do a shoulder press with the dumbbells.

Exercise #5 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Single Leg And Arm Dumbbell Row

Find a chair or bench for this. Place your left hand on the bench or chair and elevate your right leg so it is straight out behind you. From here, do a dumbbell row with your palm facing up. This ends the first circuit, now repeat this with no rest and do the other side of your body that was not active in the first circuit. Then rest for two minutes and do it all over again before heading off to stage 2.

Enter Stage 2 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine 2.0

Exercise #1 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Dumbbell Chop

Stand shoulder width apart and grab your dumbbell. Put the dumbbell over your right shoulder with your arms extended and both hands on the dumbbell. Perform a chopping motion bringing your dumbbell to the outside of your left knee. Reverse the movement and repeat.

Exercise #2 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Plank Walkup

Start out in a plank position with your forearms on the ground. Make sure you don't have slack butt when doing this. You can do two options, from the starting push your arms up so that you go to a plank position with extended arms. The other option is to do one arm at a time like you are walking your arms up to the extended arm plank position. Go back down and repeat.

Exercise #3 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Single Leg Deadlift With A Twist

Grab your dumbbell and hold it in your right hand. Lift your left leg off the ground to isolate it. Take your dumbbell and as you bend down to do the single leg deadlift touch it to outside of your left foot. Repeat for 40 seconds

Exercise #4 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Squat Thrust

This is more or less a burpee with out the push up or the jump at the end. Stand tall, drop down like you are doing a squat and then jump your legs back to plank position. From the plank position, jump your legs back to your hands and stand up. Rinse and repeat.

Exercise #5 Of The Spartacus Workout Routine - Jump Squat

After doing the Spartacus workout routine 2.0 last night I have to say I liked it. Going into it I was not sure I would. It was different than what I am use to doing and it got me to produce a good sweat, and by the end of both stages I felt I got a pretty good workout in. This workout is not for heavy lifting, but more cardio focused. I am not sure if I would do it 3 times per week, maybe on my lighter weeks, but I will definitely be doing it again. Its great if you need more variety in your workout. The Spartacus workout routine also really worked my core out.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription