Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Mike Mentzer 1 set to failure workout

Posted by: PJ

Hello,

I'm a novice. Started to follow the Arnold 6 day split. On you tube Mike Mentzer kept popping up, I eventually listened and it seems to make alot of sense. I've been reading more about high intensity training and am trying out a 3 day routine. After listening to Mike Mentzer's 4 audio tapes, I realized I'm doing it wrong. Is this 1 set to failure? 10 reps? As I understand each exercise 1 set 10 reps?

Thanks,

PJ

Re: Mike Mentzer 1 set to failure workout

Posted by: Paul

Mike Mentzer recommended only 1 set to failure for each exercise. The guideline rep range he suggested was 6 to 10 reps for upper body exercises and 12 to 20 reps for lower body exercises. But this doesn't mean you do the suggested number of reps and then stop, you need to keep going until you reach momentary muscle failure, meaning till you can't possibly do another rep.

If you don't have Mike's workout DVD, you really should get it, it will show you the correct form for all the exercises, etc. It's like having Mentzer as your own workout partner. Go to https://www.trulyhuge.com/Mike_Mentzer_HIT_Video.htm

Also feel free to email me any questions at info@trulyhuge.com

All the best,

Paul

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription