Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

How to measure bodybuilding progress

Posted by: Luther

As I embark on this new bodybuilding journey, I want to know what metrics to use to measure progress beyond weights and repetitions.

Some that come to mind include:

1. Percent body fat
2. Cholesterol levels

I have normal blood pressure so these two medical metrics are the only ones I can imagine at the moment as being important to my health.

Re: How to measure bodybuilding progress

Posted by: BigFella

From an appearance point of view, the mirror, measuring tape, performance in the gym and overall bodyweight are the best and most practical way of regularly measuring your progress.

If you can get periodic access to a bod-pod, then this will give you a reasonably accurate measure of your body fat, but anything else will just give you a rough guide.

Re: How to measure bodybuilding progress

Posted by: Frank

You should take standardised photographs as well. Find a spot with a plain background and fairly neutral lighting and get shots (full body) from the front, back, and sides. That way in a few months time, you can accurately assess any changes to your appearance.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription