Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Mike Mentzer ab workout

Posted by: Danny

I have been meaning to ask about ab work Mike Mentzer didn't seem to put too much info about abs on the Internet. Just wanted to know when is the best time for the ab workout would it be on one of the days of training or on an off day and I did read that he used to do two workouts for abs at the most and 1 to 2 sets to failure at the most is that true and should I follow this?

Re: Mike Mentzer ab workout

Posted by: Paul

Mike Mentzer said that the abdominals should be trained like any other muscle - using weight and only doing a low number of sets to failure.

He did two different abdominal exercises to hit both the upper and lower abdominals.

Here is a sample of the Mike Mentzer Ab Routine:

Weighted Hanging leg raises 1 to 2 sets of 6 to 8 reps

Weighted Sit-ups 1 to 2 sets of 6 to 8 reps

He did his abs as part of his workout, not on his off days, and worked them once or twice a week.

If you have any other questions about Mike Mentzer or High Intensity Training email me and I'll get back to you with an answer as quick as I can.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription