Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Most effective high intensity training techniques

Posted by: HDHITman

Just wondering from the group which HIT techniques have you used in your own training that have brought you the best results?

Mine are:

Pre-Exhaust
Statics Holds in the Stretched and Contracted positions
DC Style Extreme Stretching
Hypercontraction
Rest/Pause
X-Reps and its variations
Max Contractions
Extended Sets
Forced Reps (positives and negatives)
Negatives Reps and Negative Only

Many I just come up with to shock the system into continue growth, or to be able to make an exercise effective but to reduce stress and increase mental focus. For example some people just cannot focus long enough to do the high rep leg training that Mike Mentzer suggests but if I can come up with a technique that reduces the reps to 4-6 but gives me similar tension time then I have increased that persons mental focus, the exercise was effective at stimulating growth, and it reduce the stress and anxiety of the person, and was able to stree the muscle effectively (overload).

Questions, comments, and critiques welcome,

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman

Re: Most effective high intensity training techniques

Posted by: Fantombe

I use a blitz type approach in most cases, as detailed in Apex by Brian Johnston, so use a whole myriad of high intensity techniques to push past failure.

I like all the ones you've mentioned, although I think you've pretty much covered most of them so don't have any to add right now! Very Happy.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription