Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Lactose intolerance bodybuilding

Posted by: Ron

Some people have a hard time digesting the carbohydrate in milk and are diagnosed with lactose intolerance.

Before writing off all dairy and milk, try raw milk if you have lactose intolerance

Since most of our digestion has been compromised in some way or other, some of us have no ability to produce certain enzymes which are required for optimal digestion. I will get into enzymes in raw milk more in depth in the future. In this post, I want to single out the enzyme lactase or the lack of it in some people. This is the enzyme that’s needed to break down lactose. The main carbohydrate in milk is lactose. It’s a disaccharide (meaning it’s made up of two simple sugars) that holds one molecule of each glucose and galactose. If your body produces lactase, you can enjoy the benefits of milk. If you lack the ability to produce lactase you may get symptoms that are labeled lactose intolerance. Rarely are medical tests done to diagnose it fully.

Symptoms of lactose intolerance

Since all of us are as unique in our genetics as our fingerprints, the symptoms show up differently for most people. In general, these have been identified as the most common symptoms of lactose intolerance. You’d notice them roughly 30 minutes after consuming some type of dairy.

This is where raw milk differs from your regular milk. Because it contains friendly bacteria and enzymes (which are both destroyed above 96 degrees Fahrenheit – like pasteurization) the raw milk itself breaks down and digests lactose. The bacteria in it literally produce lactase for you, both allowing you to consume raw dairy with all its benefits and save your pancreas from having to make the necessary enzymes.

Fermented milk products like yogurt and kefir have even higher levels of friendly bacterial activity, they pre-digest the carbohydrates (including lactose) for you. The bacteria thrive on sugars. So drinking yogurt made of raw milk will be even easier to digest if lactose intolerance is a concern for you.

The end result of digesting lactose is the creation of lactic acid. Lactic acid inhibits growth of harmful bacteria, increases absorption of calcium, phosphorus and iron and also drastically improves the absorption of proteins.

A client of mine came to me telling me how horrible she feels after drinking milk and eating dairy products. Usually avoiding it would be the simplest answer, except she LOVES milk! I told her to try raw milk. She did and got none of the symptoms she normally got from pasteurized milk. This was about 9 years ago and to this day she continues drinking raw milk with none of the symptoms she used to get.

Do you notice a difference in how you feel after drinking raw milk vs pasteurized milk?

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription