Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Are saturated fats good for bodybuilding?

Posted by: Ron

Contrary to what you're told by the media and so called health officials this is how you get lean...

Eat saturated fats to burn stored body fat for energy

Commercial farmers are always looking for ways to fatten up their livestock.  The fatter the animal, the more it weighs, therefore the more valuable it becomes.  In the 1940s, they experimented with feeding their pigs a low cost oil to bring their weight up.  They tried feeding them coconut oil, it being a saturated fat, they thought it would definitely do the trick with all the propaganda going on about saturated fats at the time.  Imagine the surprise on their faces when they took the pigs in to get weighed and instead of getting fat and weighing more, they would get lean and weigh less!  Numerous studies since have shown that because coconut oil is mainly comprised of medium chained fatty acids (MCFAs) it is immediately used up for energy without it being stored in the body.  Farmers were now left with lean pigs  so they needed a new way to fatten them up.  By the late 1940s, they were using chemical toxins to suppress the pigs' thyroid function and fattening them up that way while the animals consume less food.  That certainly worked and they got fatter pigs.  Unfortunately for these farmers, that practice also turned out to be carcinogenic for the pigs.

Through more testing, they found that polyunsaturated vegetable oils (corn and soybean oil) had the exact same antithyroid effect at a very low cost.  Now they had what they wanted. Fat pigs at a low cost.

Today we see vegetable oils used in cooking everywhere.  All restaurants, most homes, all prepared foods, all fast foods even Whole Foods uses canola oil in their prepared section.   We also see obesity in America higher than it's ever been and climbing.

When the saturated fat scare came in the 1940s, butter consumption plummeted from 18 pounds per person per year to 4 pounds per person per year.  Heart disease started to rise then and it has yet to stop or level off.  Interesting statistics.

People consuming coconut oil on a regular basis are having very positive effects.  Besides dropping unwanted body fat, they report increased levels of energy, clearer and silkier skin and healthier hair.  I also highly recommend cooking with and also consuming coconut oil regularly for all of its other health benefits.

I'm often asked how much one should take.  I suggest starting off slowly, 1 teaspoon 3 times a day (with your 2 main meals) and working your way up to 1 - 2 tablespoons per meal per day.  You'll be amazed at the results when you try it for a week or two even.

I'm curious to hear your experience if you decide to give it a try.  Please let me know your results below.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription