Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Rico Mcclinton bodybuilder and Mike Mentzer 1 set to failure training

Posted by: Paul

Rico McClinton was a professional bodybuilder in the 1990's who trained at Gold's Gym Venice, he was the training partner of Flex Wheeler and Chris Cormier.

Rico liked to talk smack and push peoples buttons, but all in good fun.

At the time Mike Mentzer was running his personal training business out of Gold's Gym, training people using his high intensity training one set to failure workout plan.

Rico would occasionally tease Mike, about how one set per exercise couldn't possibly be enough to build muscle mass.

Mentzer would answer back with analogies like:

"It only takes one bullet to kill you."

"It only takes one hard, well-placed blow from a hammer to stimulate the explosion of a stick of dynamite."

Then one day Rico McClinton said to Mike, "Hey Mentzer, do you really still believe that it only takes one set to stimulate growth?"

Mike came back with "Only one sperm was required from your daddy to stimulate the growth of your mother's egg into a fully fashioned human baby, namely you. Only one sperm, literally, to stimulate the growth of all of your skeletal muscles and your skeleton, in fact; also your skin, guts, hair, except in your case a functioning brain."

Rico was highly impressed with Mike's example and wasn't insulted by his joke, he told Mike, "You got me with that one. Nothing more to say. I'll never bother you about it again."

For a complete presentation of Mike Mentzer's workout system watch the Mike Mentzer Training Video.

If you have any other questions about Mike Mentzer or High Intensity Training email me and I'll get back to you with an answer as quick as I can.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription