Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Vince Gironda Quote On Scales

Posted by: Ron

Vince Gironda has always been thought provoking and his stance on scales proves that

Forget the scale as your end goal

I was reading through some of Vince's courses today and among the many words of wisdom, this paragraph stood out and I wanted to share it with you:

"I would like to be the first man in the gym business to throw out my scale. If you don't like what you see in the mirror, what difference does it make what the scale says?? Then why not, constructively, make shape your goal???

You can have a poorly developed body and have large measurements and weigh the same as some splendidly proportioned bodybuilding star and not look at all like your hero."
- Vince Gironda

He was so right!  What difference does it really make what the scale says?  Getting a certain number to show up on it is relatively simple.  Heck, if your main goal was to weigh 10 pounds less, you could amputate a limb and be magically 10 or 20 pounds lighter within hours.  As crude as that example may seem, it demonstrates how little the number on the scale means.

To give the scale some credit, it does show progress in either direction but without context, it means little.  Getting your body composition checked on a regular basis would be more beneficial but the truth will always reflected back to you from a mirror.

With that said, I'd like to issue a challenge to you.  Stay off the scale for 30 consecutive days and just use the mirror as your guide.  If you think you can do it and are willing to accept the challenge, type "I accept" in the comments below and I'll check in with you 30 days after you accepted the challenge.

Are you able to forego stepping on a scale for 30 days?  I'm eager to find out.

For more information see Vince Gironda Courses.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription