Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Mike Mentzer routine question about rest

Posted by: Hamed

Hello,

Thank you for the summarized details of Mike Mentzer's ideal work out program. One area of confusion for me is the proper amount of rest time in between workouts. I read on your guide that there should be a full three days of recovery before the next workout session, meaning that workouts should be done no more frequently than every fourth day. However, I have also read that Mike Mentzer worked out 2-3 times per week. How does this allow the adequate rest time in between workouts that he recommended?

Thank you for your time and attention!

-Hamed

Re: Mike Mentzer routine question about rest

Posted by: Paul

You can't just follow some routine you read online and expect results. Mike Mentzer said that not everyone is the same as far as exercise tolerance (how much work you can do in an exercise session) and recovery ability (how fast your body can recover from a workout). He said that some people have a very fast recovery ability and some people have a very slow recovery ability, and there is everything in-between.

No workout routine is one size fits all, so you have to know by self experimentation how often you can train each body part so that you are not over training, but you also don't want to under train either.

If you want to learn how to do high intensity training the right way, checkout my new book on Mike Mentzer and High Intensity Training https://www.trulyhuge.com/mike-mentzer-book.html

If you have any other questions about Mike Mentzer or High Intensity Training email me and I'll get back to you with an answer as quick as I can.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription