Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

Basketball Dunking Tips

Posted by: Ilya (brooksoccer15@netscape.net)

I am a freshman and i am 5'6. I was wondering how i could improve my vertical leap(improve my "ups")so i can dunk. Anyone have any sudjestions pleasy reply.

Re: Basketball Dunking Tips
Posted by: Andy Pitzen (a_pitzen@yahoo.com)

when I played high school ball I used jump squats to help me increase vertical. What you do is start off real lite and place a barbell on your back (make sure you do this in some sort of cage) support the bar with your hands and jump with a slight knee bend. Try to jump as high as you can. As you progress go heavier. Also, try regular squats getting the full range of motion( your butt should almost touch the ground). Something else that I used was jumps which is going under the hope and continously tapping the backboard till your calves feel like they are going to explode. Hope this helps.

Re: Basketball Dunking Tips
Posted by: adam (amwxx@hotmail.com)

The best thing you can do is just pratice jumping, you probably wont see results at first but just keep praticing, its boring and simple but pratice is the best way to get better at something.

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]