Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

How Sore Should You Be After Workout

Posted by: Phan

I am 6'1" and about 150 lbs. I'm working out to put on weight. When I started two weeks ago I was very sore after working out, now my muscles only feel fatigued for about an hour or two afterwards. I figure part of this is because my body has become accostomed to the workouts. Should I change my workout? Is soreness or fatigue a good indicator of whether I've stimulated the muscle enough for growth? If so, how sore should I be and for how long? If not, what IS a good indicator?

Re: How Sore Should You Be After Workout

Posted by: Barry

Soreness tells you you've worked hard. Lack of soreness does NOT tell you the opposite. The only way to tell if you're doing it right is if you're getting the results that you're looking for. If you want to get big and you are getting bigger then you're doing something right. However, don't make any decisions after two weeks. Follow the programme to the end and then consolidate, i.e., learn from your experience. Are you taking notes daily about your training schedule, diet, and sleeping/rest patterns?

[Submit a follow up message]

Click Here for a Chance to Win Free Bodybuilding Supplements

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]