Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

400 Pound Squat

Posted by: Wang

hi, im 17 years old i weigh 175 lbs. and i am able to power lift squat 400lbs.

my friend doesnt believe that i am able to do it. because he lives far away from me and cant see for himself. so he told me to write this, i guess to see if anyone thinks its possible.

he told me to tell how i trained for it. i didnt really train to squat 400lbs tho i think he fails to realize that.

i just tried it one time to see if i could do it. but i would rep squatting at about 225-285 lbs. then later at 315 lbs.

and i repped leg press at 400lbs.

i also did football training which if anyone has done that before knows it can be a bitch.

anyways im not sure if i did a full powerlift, i was told that i didnt go down all the way to the point of breaking 90 degrees with my knees, i went down as far as i could till my legs started buckling then i pushed it back up so i wuodlnt fall. cause i was tired from working my way up from 345 all the way to 400 going up in 10 lbs increments.

however i feel that if tried it again i would be able to do it.

can someone plz reply to this so he can read if its possible or not.

Re: 400 Pound Squat

Posted by: IP

It is definately possible. I am not sure how it is at 17, but at 28, this is actually easy. Legs are extremely strong. I am not a large man, and I assumed I could only squat around 400 until I put all 375 pounds of my weight on for fun and did 8 reps of 375. I only went 90 degrees, it was not one of those to the floor squats, but my legs suprised me with how much power they had. This same weight that at the time I could not dream of benching was very light and managable seeming when being controlled by my legs. So I can't tell your friend whether you are lying or not, but yeah, it is definately possible. 300 almost seems pathetic on squat, 400 seems easy, 500 is good, and 600 is impressive. Right now I think I am only around "good."

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]