Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Bench Max Warm Up

Posted by: Pool

This is my first post to the discussion group. I have done some level of weight training pretty much my whole life but at the age of 44, after reading an article about the natural loss of muscle mass starting in the 40's, decided get more serious and to set some goals for myself.

I have just reached a new PR in my bench (I''m sure the number''s not impressive so I''ll keep it to myself for now) but am not sure if I''m approaching my pre-max warm-up properly. Aside from the mental psyche, is there a "best practice" for getting ready for the "all out" PR? I know that enough warm up is important but how much is too little or too much?

Re: Bench Max Warm Up

Posted by: John

Each person is going to be different as to what type of warm-up is best for them. Just make sure you don''t do a million reps at low weights and tire yourself out. Warming-up is as much getting your body acclimated to the heavy weight to come as it is actually getting loose. Secondly, focus on the task at hand. While some people like to yell and scream and hit stuff, that may be distracting and you may be mentally exhausted from that before you even attempt your lift.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]