Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Powerlifting Advice

Posted by: Bnut

I wanted to get some advice on training. I am 36 yrs old and want to powerlift. I have trained in the past, even competed once, but over time my job has kept me away from really training good. My goal is to get strong and some size, as a correctional officer in a closed custody prison, I need it! Can someone give me some routine information? I need to set up a 3 or 4 day a week taining routine. I appreciate any and all information!

Re: Powerlifting Advice

Posted by: WB

My training partner and I started a training regime we discovered in an old book titled dinosaur training, describing the training methods of old fashioned strong men. We have both found it extremely beneficial, in the past 8 weeks i have made better gains then over the previous six months!

the training method we have been using is known as the 5x5, Each exercise consists of five sets of five reps (hence the name) Firstly work out your five rep maximum for any particular exercise.

This is important as the first two sets are warm ups, that will be approximatley 65-75% and then increased to 75-85% of your five rep max (whatever weight you feel comfortable with). These warm ups are five reps only, although you will be able to do more, dont, as you will need to conserve energy. The three working sets consist of your five rep max. when you can succesfully lift five full reps for the three working sets increase the weight.

it is crucial to adequatley rest between sets, as this is hard work. I have found this training program works for me, in part, because i have a goal to focus on each time i train. To lift that last rep in that last set and increase my weight for next time. I consequently now enjoy more and get more satisfaction from my training, particularly as i watch my progress.

Good luck with the training.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]