Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Powerlifting Squat Technique

Posted by: jkinnan

I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers and advice. Everytime I squat, I end up walking like a 90 year old because my knees and hip flexors are so torn up. On top of it all, the only good productive pain I get from squatting is in my lower back -I don't really get any fatigue or soreness in my quads. I think some of it may have to do with my physical structure: I'm about 6 and a half feet tall, and my legs are fairly long . . . it's a long way down for me to go to paralell.

I just started training seriously about 6 or eight months ago. Could this be a factor? My deadlift is doing fine -I hope to be maxing at around the 400 mark in about two months. When I squat though, I'm lucky to do 3 or 4 reps with 315. I have moved to Smith Machine front squats -they're easier on my back and suprisingly I can go down ass to ankles with only moderate knee stress. But I still wish I could do free squats with out feeling like a senior citizen for days.

Am I the only one who has this problem? I'd really love some advice or pointers. Thanks a bunch.

Re: Powerlifting Squat Form

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]