Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Powerlifting Equipment and Gear

Posted by: turbulence

For a beginning powerlifter, what's good equipment to have? i have cheap knee wraps and wrist wraps and belt. i've used inzer z wraps from friends before, and i'm thinking about getting them. basically, i'm thinking about buying inzer wrist and knee wraps, and a double prong 10mm belt. is inzer the best? should i go with a 13mm belt? single prong? i figured i'd go for medium wrist wraps, as the longest ones seem to be too much for normal training. any suggestions? also, i've heard to get a belt that's the size above your waist. i'm a 34-35" waist, so i should get the 36" belt?

Re: Powerlifting Equipment and Gear

Posted by: John

For a beginner powerlifter, no equipment would be best. Wraps and belts should be used for only 90% + 1RM movements if you need them and for competition. Using them when training can have very adverse affects as they perform some of the stabilization the muscles should be doing. In the long run, instead of theses muscles getting stronger as your weight increases, they stagnate and that leads to injury.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]