Home | Supplements | eBooks | DVDs | Articles | Forum
Truly Huge Bodybuilding and Fitness

Click Here for Free Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine Subscription

[Submit to forum] [Back to The Truly Huge Home Page]

FREE WEEKLY POWERLIFTING TIPS NEWSLETTER
Powerlifting and Bodybuilding weekly e-mail tips,
stay informed and stay motivated, join today!

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

Louie Simmons Powerlifting

Posted by: Gunnar

Good morning everybody!
I''m a beginner in powerlifting practice and I always trained strenght related to other sports. I read everything I found on Internet regarding WestSide and Louie Simmons, I remained impressed about his method (max effort, dynamic and conjugate) and I start to use it (or try to do it, we could say "try to follow his principles"!!). Now I wonder if this is indicated for a beginner, as I am, or this is only for advanced powerlifter.
In example, at my level, I don''t feel any needing to change max effort exercise every two/three weeks because every session I can add more weight. My margins of add weight on every exercise are, at this moment, much higher that an high level powerlifter.
So, what are your suggestions? Should I start with a different method to raise my level and then swap training to WestSide principles?
In this case which routine you suggest me? I found here in this forum a three days routine (monday Squat, wednesday Bench and friday Deadlift, all 5x5 plus additional exercise) "B.A. Basic Powerlifting Routine for Beginners": could this be indicated for me?

Please consider that I''m 37 years old, my weight is 95 Kg (212 lb) and my 1RM''s are:

Squat: 150 Kg (334 lbs)
Bench 115 Kg (254 lbs)
Deadlift 168 Kg (374 lbs)

Last thing: sorry for my english, I''m Italian and sometimes is quite difficult to let you understand me.

Waiting for replies and suggestions.
Thanks
Gunnar

Re: Louie Simmons Powerlifting

Posted by: JohnRov

Westside is not only for advanced lifters. If you are doing it correctly and going to failure on your max exercise each week, you need to switch exercises every 3 weeks or so. You may still go up in weight but not as fast as if you rotate them. The CNS adapts and progression slows after a few weeks. If you want, you can call Louie and talk to him about it. His phone number is on every article he writes. He is more than willing to talk to you about it. When we first heard of Westside, my brother called him and he takled to him for almost an hour.

[Submit a follow up message]

WIN FREE POWERLIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
When you sign up for our free newsletter,
you will be automatically entered in our monthly drawing
to win free supplements and other great prizes.

newsletter@trulyhuge.com

[Natural Bodybuilding Forum] [Bodybuilding Supplement Forum] [Weightlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Message Board]
[Powerlifting Forum] [Bodybuilding Discussion Forum] [Bodybuilder Forum] [Teen Bodybuilding Forum]
[Muscle Growth Forum] [Weight Loss Forum] [Workout Forum] [Health and Fitness Forum]